Following on the inaugural faculty advisor research event in 2018, Enactus will again host university faculty who will reveal their latest findings on innovation, social enterprise and entrepreneurship at the Enactus World Cup in San Jose, CA, 16-18 September.
The Academic Leaders Symposium and Poster Presentation provided Enactus Faculty Advisors with a forum to showcase and share their research with all attendees at Enactus World Cup, a global event that attracts business, student and academic leaders for collaboration, competition and celebration.
The research reflects work done at universities in the U.S., Canada, India, Nigeria and Philippines and is comprised of completed research findings as well as early stage reports on in-progress research and case studies.
Faculty Advisors Best Practice Session & Academic Research Poster Presentation
Tuesday, September 17, 2019
All attendees are invited to explore presentations of peer-reviewed academic research highlights. This event is a collegial, informal showcase of impressive research projects developed by faculty researchers around the world.
2019 Faculty Researchers include:
- Dr. Darren Howes, Canada, Medicine Hat College, Social Enterprise: Perceptions of Students and Faculty on the Benefits of Experiential Learning
- Dr. Sue McNamara, United States, SUNY Fredonia, Enactus’ Impact on Post-Graduates’ Success and Values
- Dr. Silviana Falcon, United States, Florida Southern College, SNAP: A Little Market’s Efforts A Case Study on the importance of growing local food as an engine for the development of our local economies.
- Dr. Tanya Pyke, United States, Wilkes University, Business Profitability Measure
- Dr. Andrea Baldwin, United States, Washington Adventist University, Increasing Students’ Commitment: Stimulating Interest, Involvement & Practice
- Dr. Christina Salvosa, Philippines, Nueva Vizcaya State University, Implementing Social Entrepreneurial Projects for Participatory Governance: The Case of Solano, Nueva Vizcaya, Philippines
- Mr. Craig Elias, Canada, Bow Valley College, The Economic Impact of Youth Entrepreneurship
- Dr. Manika Jain, India, Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College, Skill Enhancement- An Elevation from Poverty to Employability
Academic Leaders Symposium
Wednesday, September 18, 2019
All faculty advisors and academic leaders are invited to participate to learn from and collaborate with selected faculty who will present their findings of peer-reviewed research. This event is a more formal more formal take that lets you deepen your understanding of the research topics. Whether you are a business leader or a colleague in academia, you’ll gain knowledge and expertise on innovation and social entrepreneurship from Faculty Researchers.
2019 Faculty Researchers include:
- Professor Erin Blocher, United States, University of Missouri-Kansas City, The Multiplier Effect of Entrepreneurial Networks in the Enactus Team Ecosystem
- Mr. Michael Fagbohun, Nigeria, Covenant University, Enactus Students’ Information Needs and the Role of Nigerian Academic Libraries
- Dr. Gualberto Magdaraog, Philippines, Bulacan State University, Cultivating Resiliency and Agility: A Vital Characteristics of Enactus-Bulacan State University
- Mr. Benton Jones, United States, Bryan College, Increasing Diversity in Enactus Teams using Simulated Intergroup Social Contact
- Dr. Kevin McDermott, Canada, Wilfrid Laurier University, The Prosocial Resource Mobilization Advantage: Does it pay to be good when mobilizing resources for new ventures on Kickstarer.com and Upwork.com.
- Professor Paul Wilson, United States, BYU-Hawaii, Zero Budget Entrepreneurship
We advise all World Cup attendees to attend these sessions if their schedule permits.
Following the events, conference abstracts will be published on the EWC2019 app. The app can be found by searching “EWC2019” in the App Store or Google play. Download directly here.