In these challenging times, Enactus remains dedicated to NextGen Leaders with a head for business and a heart for the world and as we have prioritized the safety and security of our staff, students, faculty, and partners, one thing has become evident—the Enactus mission has never been more relevant than it is right now. The NextGen Leaders of Enactus are and will be on the front line of the economic recovery around the world—they will define how we revive and thrive in the emerging new normal.
Our mission: To engage the next generation of entrepreneurial leaders to use innovation and business principles to improve the world.
Throughout the Enactus network, we are responding to immediate needs in communities: taking action is how #EnactusCares.
For example, at Enactus, we’re helping students adapt to life off of campus and supporting their project transformations as well as new projects:
- Enactus is nurturing new solutions for today pressing problems through partnerships like the Ford Fund COVID-19 College Challenge. From pharmaceutical-delivery drones to specialty handwashing stations and new web portals advancing contact tracing, Enactus students around the world are bringing their creativity, compassion and skills to address the impact of the pandemic.
- Enactus national events have gone virtual and are attracting record levels of engagement as students, business leaders, alumni and faculty converge to showcase, celebrate and collaborate on solutions for today pressing problems.
- Many Enactus countries are hosting regular virtual touchpoints to stay connected to students such as Enactus France’s Virtual Coffee and Enactus United States’s Zoom from Your Room events.
Enactus partners are stepping up to the challenge to show how #EnactusCares, too. These are just some of the many examples.
- KPMG has joined UNESCO’s Global Education Coalition as a founding member to help ensure millions of children can continue their education in the face of COVID-19.
- Unilever has announced a wide-ranging set of measures to support global and national efforts to tackle the COVID-19 pandemic. These include donating €100m worth of soap, sanitizer, bleach and food; offering €500m of cash flow relief to support vulnerable suppliers and customers in their value chain; and protecting their workforce from sudden drops in pay.
Would you like to contribute to the Enactus network and support the continued impact and sustainability of our work? Donate here.